For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whosoever believes in Him shall have eternal life. AMEN!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jet settin', in more ways than one!

Happy New Year, TEAM! How many people made resolutions and already 'broke' them? (My hand is up) :)

Earlier this month Corey, Olivia, and I jet-setted off to BC so I could attend AIA's Summit (conference). It was hit or miss if the conference was actually going to happen since BC was inundated with snow. The
main road up to the conference centre was washed out due to flooding. Thankfully, the road cleared up and we all made it safe & sound. We had 2 speakers join us and so our schedule was quite full but it we had good teaching on Servant-Leadership plus Organic Multiplication. More details to come in my newsletter.

We had great down-time too at the conference with most AIAers taking part in the annual "DJ Knuckles Football Tournament". It was wet, snowy, and cold but people braved the elements :)




We were able to spend a couple of days with Corey's family too. It was great to chill out, catch up, and celebrate Christms (a second time - WHOO HOO!). Olivia had a BLAST in the hot tub :)



A couple of weeks ago I jet-setted off to Calgary for our first 2010 Grey Cup Breakfast meeting. It was a preliminary meeting to connect with those in the Calgary area who are interested in working on this project on a volunteer basis. Next week we will meet again (by phone) and hopefully will have people conf
irm their involvement. We are pumped for this event - we expect between 1000 -1400 people to attend! We will also incorporate a new element this year. The largest church in Calgary (Centre Street Church) will be hosting a Youth Event on the Friday evening. We are praying for 500 youth to attend.



As we begin to plan and get this project off the ground, please pray for:
1. Us as a committee as we plan
2. Those who are considering volunteering

Still on the jet-setting theme, I feel God is calling me to get more involve
d when it comes to ministry with AIA. The last couple of months, I have felt that I could be doing more. Not regarding Project Management, but ministry with others. After much prayer, I feel He is leading me to work with student athletes on campus. I have felt this tug for quite some time and fought it for different reasons but earlier this month it was clear that was the path I need to be on. So last week was my first official week on campus at Ottawa U. I am dedicating 25% of my time to this path for now. I am really excited to journey with young girls in their quest to know God more...or at all. I believe my testimony is meant for someone or many student female athletes and I am pumped to see how God will use me. More to come in my newsletter...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rach,
Just a comment regarding the Calgary Grey Cup Breakfast...please involve us here at the seminary. We have several local churches represented here and also many servant hearts. Let me be your contact for now until we find a role (if any) to play.

AL